What have I been up to..... not writing anything on here, for starters!
ok so it's been 19 days. A lot has been happening since then - just small things that will be ticking over for the next 18 months or so. I just looked back at my last post and happy to say things are moving along.
I had a 2 hour trial at the place where I had the interview, and hurrah, got the job!!! I've had 3 proper shifts there already! The first night was a Friday and it was mental - there was a local band playing and the place was packed. Other people told me it was a lot busier than normal, but it wasn't until I worked again Friday just gone that I realised how much busier it really was, that first night!
I'm actually enjoying it. It's good to learn something new (pouring a beer!), while getting paid for it - instead of me paying someone to teach me! It's cool to do something different to the regular 9-5 and I feel like I'm making use of my Friday nights now. I'm a bit surprised at how quickly I've picked up things, like pouring a beer. Because the first night was so busy and the Big Boss was there, I was super stressed and nervous! BB is nice but still you're always a bit more on edge when they're around - you want to do a good job. Second and third shifts only got better - I became more familiar with the register as well as where the different beers on tap were.
I've also had 2 more horseriding lessons. Unfortunately the girl from the first one wasn't available again, but I had a different young fella called Matt and he was good too! It's holidays and I've asked for a regular, ongoing lesson for Tuesdays but neither Matt nor Charlotte are available. Oh well - I suppose it's good to get to know different people!
Oh yeah, I also turned thirty-four :O so old.....
mum gave me a book filled with thousands of Australian towns, as well as some money towards my horse riding lessons. The card she gave me also had a kangaroo with a 'bindle' (had to google that!) and a joey in it's pouch :D

No comments:
Post a Comment