ooooooooo why should I write a travel blog? ta-da.... Google has the answer......
(BTW must disclose now, google is my BFF "4eva". People at work think I'm an expert at Excel but I have them all fooled. I'm an expert at googling)
http://thetravelhack.com/blogging/think-write-travel-blog/
ok in fairness there are some good reasons there! Like, it forces you to may more attention to what a guide is saying or what you read. And the most obvious reason (I think) and the reason I thought I'd do this - is to record my memories. Didn't need a blog to tell me that one ;)
http://sparksradio.com/2014/04/23/i-hope-jurassic-world-doesnt-suck/
Half of the posts about posting and blogging are aimed at people who want to make a living off of posting and blogging which is defo not for this girlie! So there goes half the other blogs telling me how to blog. Phew, the list is getting shorter. Being a bit of a hoarder, reducing the amount of crap I have can be difficult so I'll take any success where I can claim it!
aaaaand taking back my words - I'm glad I read a bit more of this blog post cos after skipping past the pointers telling me to use wordpress (am I allowed to say that word here?) and "avoid blogspot like the plague" (not sure where blogger fits in the spectrum from crapola to holy smokes!) - there were a couple of good tips that will definitely help steer me, being:
"Create a solid "About Me" page"
and what she describes as her most important point,
"Create things you're passionate about"
- thanks, Young Adventuress! (click the link to find out more about her! TBH I just scanned it :O Big long paragraphs = brain no compute, eyes no likey)
No comments:
Post a Comment